Sunday 6 June 2010

My 365 Day Ebay Challenge Day 125 - New Stock and an Ebay Tip

Today I have successfully managed to win an auction for four 1980's issue Airfix aircraft model kits for a total cost of £ 13.49 including the sellers' postage and packaging fees.

These Airfix kits have the "map top box" design on the lid. For those of you, probably the majority, who have no idea what I'm twittering on about, please have a look at this example on my sister blog about vintage model kits.

A quick tip which is relevant whether you are buying or selling on Ebay...

I managed to win the auction today because the seller had listed the item with an auction expiry time which fell around 4.30 pm. At this time on a Saturday afternoon the large majority of people have more pressing things to do than check whether they have been outbid on Ebay.

I placed a bid on the item earlier today and lo and behold managed to win as it would appear none of the other bidders were watching.

The tip is, if you are selling, think about the time and day your auctions will end.

If your auction ends during working hours on a weekday, the number of potential bidders will be greatly reduced. I usually try to make my auctions end in the evenings between about 7.30 pm and 10.30 pm. I also try and have auctions ending on Sundays as many people are busy on Saturdays.

Conversely, if you are buying on Ebay, keep an eye out for auctions which are ending during the working day, very late in the evening or very early in the morning as you may pick up a bargain.

I will post up pictures of the model kits once I receive them.

No comments:

Post a Comment