Thursday 11 March 2010

My 365 Day Ebay Challenge Day 38 - Update


Just a quick update on my Ebay activities since the beginning of this month.
On 1st March the vintage postcard album sold for a total of £ 45.45 including postage but taking into account the Ebay listing and Paypal fees.
This was a good result as the album and cards it contained only cost £ 19. I am now actively looking out for more empty vintage postcard albums as I still have another 300 + vintage cards remaining in stock and I am sure that they will sell for a better price in an album than loose.
Last weekend, I drove out to East Malling in Kent to pick up a lot of model kits and assorted militaria (the best way to describe it!) including some Bren gun magazines and a steel helmet of unknown origin.
Yesterday I received the Airfix model kit in the post. Unfortunately the seller had skimped on the packing and it arrived looking like it had gone ten rounds with Ricky Hatton :-(
The seller will get a suitably worded feedback pointing out the error of his ways!
Despite the condition of the box, the item should still sell for a reasonable profit.
I will try to post up some pics of this new stock later this week.
Update of the financial and stock position as of today....
Sales to date (including the album)
Total - £ 84.11
Less postage and Ebay final value fees
Total - £ 22.19
Balance
Total - £ 61.92
Stock
Approximately 340 vintage postcards - cost price £ 20.40
Various model kits/militaria - cost price £ 51.00
Airfix box set - cost price £ 3.99
Total - £ 75.39
Based on the above, the initial £ 100 stake is now worth (on paper at least), £ 137.31.
I'd better not rush off and book the world cruise just yet but it is going in the right direction.

1 comment: